A Day in an Ecosystem (Group 2)
A Day in an Ecosystem
Reading Level: 4
Interest Level: 4-6
Imagine a video camera focused over a lake, a marsh, the sea, an estuary, a
grassland, or the Taiga. What would you see in twenty-four hours? These books
take students through the changes in light, temperature, and natural activities
that occur in these ecosystems over the course of a day, and introduce them to
the plants and creatures that enter the picture at daybreak, in daylight, at
dusk, and at dark.
Each Book Contains
• A map to show the location of major ecosystems.
• A fast facts page that provides a quick summary of life in each of these ecosystems.
• Sidebars on some of the notable creatures and plants that live in each ecosystem.
• Age appropriate written content pairs with compelling photos to explain the relationship between plants, animals, and the region in which they live.
• STEM-based content in biology, geography, and ecology is presented in easy-to-understand language that will interest and educate young readers.
• Glossary items are in bold face in text and are listed with pronunciation guides and simple definitions.