Reading Level: 1
Interest Level: K-3
The world has many creepy critters living in it. Perhaps among the most unsettling are insects and arachnids—ants, worms, wasps, termites, and spiders are just a few examples. The Creepy Crawlers series offers young readers the chance to discover just what makes these creatures so creepy yet fascinating. Through vivid images and interesting facts, young readers will learn about each creature’s unique features, including survival tactics, life cycle, and habitat.
• A glossary that further helps young readers learn terms beyond the text–image correlation
• Facts about the animal’s habitat, life cycle, and function
• Full-page photographs that engage the young reader and correspond to the text
• Accessible, age-appropriate content introduces readers to unique animals, their life cycles, traits, habitats, and how they use their characteristics to survive in their environment
• Draws on Next Generation Science Standards for kindergarten and first grade