Cultures of the World (Third Edition, Group 12) ?
Cultures of the World (Third Edition) ?
Reading Level: 5
Interest Level: 5-8
The world is filled with many different people, places, and cultures. Each book in the popular Cultures of the World series gives an in-depth view of a specific country and its history, customs, language, food, and much more. New titles for this season include Cambodia, Ethiopia, Finland, Iceland, Panama, and Tibet. Complete with compelling photographs and chock full of information, each book introduces the reader to the area, its geographical features, and the events that helped create the country known today.
Each Book Contains:
- Comprehensive coverage of each country's people, geography, history, government, economy, culture, arts, environment, and more
- Websites for additional research at the end of each chapter
- Up-to-date statistics, facts, maps, and more
- Builds academic vocabulary with grade-appropriate words to help students effectively explain the text
- Updated maps, photos, and facts and figures help students gain an understanding of the text
- Students can create opinion pieces with source materials on countries
- Sidebars and an appealing design provide text features that help students efficiently locate information relevant to a given topic
- Presentation facilitates student interpretation and analysis