Cultures of the World (Third Edition, Group 25)?
Cultures of the World (Third Edition)?
Reading Level: 5
Interest Level: 5-8
Readers are given a detailed tour of some of the world's most unique places in this latest look at the fascinating cultures that make up our global community. Benin, Botswana, Chad, Mozambique, Rwanda, and Sierra Leone aren't among the most common vacation destinations for young people, but with the help of up-to-date main text and vivid full-color photographs, readers gain a deeper understanding of what makes these places so special. Chapters devoted to government, the economy, history, and geography outline important curriculum concepts. In addition, detailed information about festivals, food, faith, and fun foster a deep appreciation for cultural diversity.
Each Book Contains:
• Sidebars that provide additional information about important people, places, and events
• The most recent information available about a given country to help readers gain a strong understanding of global current events
• Easy-to-follow recipes that provide a creative approach to learning about other cultures
• Objective, fact-based text allows readers to think critically about global events and perspectives
• A detailed bibliography and relevant internet links at the end of each chapter encourage additional research and independent fact-checking
• A variety of maps, including cultural and economic maps, help readers sharpen their skills at interpreting information from different visual sources