Cultures of the World (Third Edition, Groups 1 ? 20)?
Cultures of the World (Third Edition)?
Reading Level: 5
Interest Level: 5-8
This highly successful series offers readers insights
into the lifestyle, history, and people of the world's many different countries.
Each country is carefully explored and researched, providing books that are
filled with up-to-date information. Chapters all contain vivid photographs that
correlate to corresponding text. All of these materials work together to paint a
complete picture of the country's past, present-day, and the issues it faces as
it looks to the future.
Each Book Contains:
• Quotes by famous
individuals, up-to-date statistics, or excerpts from important documents start
• Recipes that help readers explore and experience the country
in a unique way
• Internet Links sections connect the reader to further
• Vivid photographs capture unique aspects of each country and
ground the reader in historical perspectives and contemporary views of the
• Builds academic vocabulary with
grade-appropriate words to help students effectively explain the text
Updated maps, photographs, facts, and figures help students gain an
understanding of the text
• Students can create opinion pieces with source
materials on countries
• Sidebars and chapter design provide text features
that help students efficiently locate information relevant to a given topic
• Presentation facilitates student interpretation and