Reading Level: 3
Interest Level: 2-3
Earth is populated by fabulous creatures great and small. This series
explores the world of some of the most dangerous venomous and poisonous animals
on the planet. Learn how each creature’s toxins harm both predators and prey,
which animals are immune to these toxins, and what sets these creatures apart
from others in their species. These high-interest books will satisfy the
curiosity of young, animal-loving students while introducing them to the
fascinating science of this subset of animals.
Each Book Contains
• A map to show the range of each toxic creature.
• An explanation of how each creature’s toxins affect other organisms, including the human body, and what antidotes exist.
• A sidebar on the scientist who discovered the type of toxin each creature produces, and how it happened, and the basic science behind its mechanism.
• STEM-based content in biology, geography, ecology, and toxicology is presented in a high-interest fashion that will entertain and educate readers.
• Photos and maps complement the age-appropriate text to engage learners of all types.
• Sidebars and bulleted text present standards-based content for students of varying reading levels.