Cultures of the World (Third Edition, Groups 1 ? 26)?
Cultures of the World (Third Edition)?
Reading Level: 5
Interest Level: 5-8
The world is made up of a collection of unique and amazing cultures, and readers are given an in-depth look at them through detailed guides to countries ranging from Austria to the United Arab Emirates. As readers explore chapters focused on essential curriculum concepts such as government, geography, history, and economics, they expand their understanding of world history and current events. They also broaden their horizons through comprehensive overviews of the foods, fashions, languages, and other cultural elements that contribute to the diversity of life around the world.
Each Book Contains:
• Easy-to-follow recipes that add a creative element to the learning process
• Beautiful, full-color photographs of geographic features, artistic achievements, festive celebrations, and more to help readers visualize the natural world and daily life in a given nation
• The most recent information available about each featured country to give students a comprehensive picture of the global nature of current events
• A detailed timeline in each volume allows readers to see world events paired next to corresponding events in each country, giving readers a chronological look at both the specific history of a given nation and its place in world history on a larger scale
• Helpful maps present essential geographic, cultural, and economic information
• Well-researched text and carefully chosen internet links encourage readers to think critically about world events and continue their research into specific topics independently